Motion X Colour I - Hong Kong Extravaganza
An Extravaganza of Hong Kong Drummers, presenting the drumming culture of Hong Kong with the Chinese Beiqu, Drumset, Timpiani and Snare Drum. You will enjoy a drumming night with Hong Kong’s Chinese, Western, Traditional, Jazz, Metal, Rock and Pop music.
The concert, the first of its kind, will put all drummers together on stage and rearrange every drum part in their own languages and style to show in the same context.
Drummer - Eyo Li Yi Ngo
Eyo Li Yi Ngo is one of the co-founders and Music Director of the Pegasus Vanguard, a Hong Kong Marching Band, offering education and performance experiences in Hong Kong.
• Champion of The Best Field Commander in International Jember Open Marching Band Competition 2015
• Committee Member of the Percussive Arts Society Hong Kong Chapter
• Grade 3 Marching Band Instructor Qualification in Japan
• Experience in Marching Percussion, Colour Guard, Conducting, Rudimental Drumming, Band Management and Training.
Haru Lau Chi Ho graduated at the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts, Bachelor degree (BMus) in composition 2015. Lau plays the drum set and mastered with international drummers, Thomas Lang, Billy Cobham, Benny Greb, Russ Miller and Hong Kong drummers, Simon Chui and marching snare drum training with Jeff Queen and Bill Bachman.
• Has numerous educational experiences in festival presentations and lecture engagements in well known institutes such as Central Conservatory of Music in Beijing, Conservatory of Music in Shanghai, China and etc.
• Engaged in various productions and performances including Academy Lau Chi Ho Composition Concert 2015, "2nd Stage" with Hong Kong City Contemporary Dance Co., Music Theatre "Music X Dream" etc.
San Cheung is one of the most dedicated Rock drummers from Hong Kong. His music styles covered: Metal, Rock, Pop, Alternative, Funk and others. San is now a drummer for “Ni Liu”, an American- Metal influenced band. His reverberant drumming perfectly complements the innovative songwriting. Ni Liu’s second album will be released in the year 2016.
• Guest performing drummer in 2014 and 2015 Shenzhen Drummer Festival
• Best Drummer of 2014 Shunde Beijiao Summer Music Festival Band
• Ni Liu's first album was released in 2014 and followed with their first China tour
• Ni Liu participated in 2013 Midi Music Festival in China with well-known bands like Devils at the Crossroad, Fluorescent Hearts and Sonar Lights
Drummer - Chung Bee Lee
Drummer of the Hong Kong Local Band MANIAC since 2005.
• MANIAC published their first album in 2010.
• MANIAC performed in 2009-2012 JUBA Joint-University-Band-Tour Final Station
• MANIAC toured in Taiwan in 2009 with the Taiwan Band VANISH, and Hong Kong Band MENSHENG
• MANIAC performed as guest performers in performances by international bands such as MISERY SIGNALS, MULTI﹣EGO, CROSSFAITH, NEWBREED, THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA, BRING ME THE HORIZION
Louis Siu Chun Kit is one of the founding members of the Hong Kong New Music Ensemble and PROJECT.T.T.. Currently a part-time instructor at the Music Department of The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Siu taught in the past at the School of Creative Media at City University of Hong Kong, and hosted masterclasses at Kasetsart University and Silpakorn University in Bangkok.
• Premiered works by famous composers including Heinz Hollinger, Tang Lok-yin, Samson Young, Lam Bun-ching, Fung Lam, Austin Yip, Alain Chiu and Charles Kwong.
• Received numerous awards: the youngest finalist at the 2nd International Timpani Competition of Lyon (2008), First prize in the Australian Percussion Eisteddfod (2003), Asian Cultural Council AIA Foundation Music Scholarship (2005), Percussive Arts Society Cloyd Duff Family Scholarships (2005, 2006), finalist at Fort Collin Symphony Young Artist Competition (2007) and San Francisco Symphony’s Concerto Competition (2006).
• Played in various orchestras including Macao Orchestra, Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra, Four Gig Head Percussion Group, Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra, Pacific Music Festival Orchestra, Asian Youth Orchestra, San Francisco Symphony Youth Orchestra and etc.
Chinese Percussionist - Kin-bun Luk
LUK Kin-bun is currently Percussion Assoiate Principal of the Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra, freelance musician for Hong Kong Sinfonietta as well as Macao Orchestra. Luk is also a part-time performer and instructor for the Music Office. He teaches percussion and conducts in many primary and secondary schools.
• Member of the 4 Gig Heads Percussion Group
• Performed in "Dragon Jamboree", live accompaniment for "The Yellow River & The Yellow Earth", for City Contemporary Dance Company's "Warrior LanLing",for Wan Chai Theatre in "When Hong Kong Ginger meets Four Gig Heads".
• Producer of Percussion Wave II and many community concerts, percussion workshops and seminars.
• Awarded the 1998-99 Hongkong Bank Foundation Hong Kong.
• Recipient of the Bloomberg, the Society of APA Scholarship and the Guinness Flight Music Scholarship.
Famous Hong Kong drummer and producer.
• Toured, arranged and produced albums with various Hong Kong Artists such as Eason Chan, Joey Wong, Khalil Fong, Ivana Wong and etc.
• Drummer of Hong Kong local bands Lovesong, Oh Nullah!, The Merriweather Deer
Drummer - Marco Leung Yiu Wai (Only participating in the Hong Kong Drummers Workshop)
LEUNG Yiu Wai, Marco is the Drummer of the band, TAI TAU FAT and BPM drummer. Leung has been teaching drum set for 20 years and is actively involved in performance for concerts, television programs and CD recordings.
• Zildjian Endorser in Hong Kong in 2006.
• A Pioineer of 'Talking Drum Clinic' series in Hong Kong.